The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing, and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
• After treatment with Azzalure® you should start to see an improvement within 2 to 3 days, the full effect can take up to 30 days. The benefits of treatment usually last between 4 and 6 months but can vary depending on your individual response.
• The most common side effects of Azzalure® are headache and injection reactions e/g/ redness, swelling, irritation, rash, itching, numbness, pain, discomfort, stinging, bruising, and bleeding. Normally these reactions are mild to moderate, reversible, and occur in the first week after treatment. There is also a small possibility of a slight dropping of the eyelid or visual problems.
• Very rarely, botulinum toxin may result in muscle weakness away from the side of injection.
• If any symptoms last for more than one week or you are concerned about any symptoms you should report them to your practitioner as soon as possible. Seek urgent medical help if you have difficulties breathing, swallowing, speaking, or if your face swells up.
• Azzalure® may cause temporary blurred vision or muscle weakness. If affected, you should not drive or use machinery.
• Azzalure® contains a very small amount of albumin which comes from human blood. It is very unlikely that this could pass on an infection, but it cannot be entirely ruled out.
Please follow the aftercare advice for Youth Drop injections.
- Avoid applying makeup to the treated area for 24 hours, this can help reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid any extremes of temperature for the next 24 hours, for example, have a tepid shower or bath rather than hot one.
- Avoid exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not go swimming or use saunas or steam rooms for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No excessive alcohol on the day of the treatment.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated for at least 24 hours after treatment, doing so may affect treatment results.
- Do not lie flat or face down for at least 4 hours after treatment. Remain upright for 4 hours after treatment, this can help to reduce product migration
- Avoid any further cosmetic procedures to the treated area for 2 weeks following treatment, including permanent makeup and skin treatments.
- You must seek medical attention and contact your practitioner if you experience any signs or symptoms of infection after treatment. Infection can present as hot, red shiny skin, there may be pus formation and you may have a fever or feel generally unwell.
- You must seek emergency medical attention if you experience any severe allergy symptoms after treatment. Symptoms may include rash, facial swelling, and breathing difficulties.
- Contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you notice any other unwanted side effects.
- Allow 2 weeks before assessing the results of treatment. If after 2 weeks there is any persistent unevenness, or the product as not fully taken contact your practitioner for review.
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the aftercare instructions provided.