The following pre-care advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing, and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
There are a few things to bare in mind, please see below:
- Avoid alcohol consumption 48 hours prior to your treatment
- Do let us know if you’re on any perception medication or unprescribed medication
- Avoid over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen for 48 hours prior to your treatment
- Avoid taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen, Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®, Aleve®, Celebrex®, Fish oil, Ginko Biloba, St. John’s Wort and high doses of vitamin E for 7-10 days prior to procedure, as these may cause increase risk of bleeding and bruising at the treated site(s). Regular multi-vitamin and Tylenol® is permitted (If not contraindicated).
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal creams in the area(s) to be treated.
- If you have any history of Herpes Simplex (cold sores) on your face, please speak with your G.P. to establish whether you are suitable for this treatment as you may be prescribed medication to prevent an outbreak
- Sunburn skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun.
- Eat a small meal or a snack before your appointment.
- Always inform us of all medications, including supplements you may be taking as well as your medical history.
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the post care instructions provided.