The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing, and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
Please follow the aftercare advice for chemical peel.
· The treated area of the skin may feel slightly tender and appear red and swollen afterward. You may occasionally experience skin peeling and appearances may be similar to mild sunburn. These effects will resolve naturally and should be much improved after 48 hours but may take longer to settle. You may experience some minor bruising which may take 1-2 weeks to resolve in some cases.
· Avoid any perfumes, fake tan, or other harsh chemicals for 72 hours after treatment.
· Avoid any makeup for 24 hours after treatment as this can increase the risk of infection.
· Avoid rubbing or picking the treated area.
· Avoid any skin exfoliation for 72 hours following treatment.
· It is important to use a regular moisturizing cream around two to three times a day on the treated area. Use more regularly if you feel the skin dry or peeling.
· Avoid any products that contain alpha hydroxy acids, retinol, and glycolic acid for at least 7 days after treatment.
· Avoid strenuous exercise, saunas, sunbeds, and exposure to heat for 72 hours after treatment. These can cause sweating which can irritate the delicate skin and slow down your ability to heal quickly.
· Avoid swimming for 72 hours after treatment.
· Avoid any excess alcohol or caffeine for 48 hours after treatment.
· Wear SPF 30 or greater sunscreen for at least 2 weeks following treatment as your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight afterward.
· Avoid any further cosmetic treatments e.g. Botox or dermal filler for 2 weeks following treatment, or ask your practitioner for advice.
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the aftercare instructions provided.