The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing, and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
Please follow the aftercare advice for Hyaluronidase treatment.
- Following Hyaluronidase injections the treated area will often be red, swollen, and tender. These effects will generally subside after 48 hours but may last longer.
- If the area is tender, you can use simple over-the-counter pain killers such as paracetamol. If you experience any severe pain, you must contact your practitioner straight away.
- You may experience bruising afterward, this will resolve naturally but may take up to 2 weeks. Regular application of arnica cream can help with resolution.
- Swelling is very common following hyaluronidase treatment. Swelling can occasionally be severe, if this is the case you must contact your practitioner for review. Swelling can be treated with cold compress application, regular Ibuprofen (after 24 hours, if safe for you to take), antihistamines and sleeping propped up on 2-3 pillows to help drainage of fluid overnight.
- Avoid using makeup for 24 hours as this can increase the risk of infection at the injection sites.
- Avoid alcohol intake for 24 hours, and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and activities for 24 hours.
- Avoid temperature extremes, saunas, and steam rooms until the redness and swelling have resolved.
- Avoid sunbeds and excess sun exposure until the area has healed.
- Avoid using any harsh cleansing products on the treated area.
- You must seek medical attention and contact your practitioner if you experience any signs or symptoms of infection after treatment. Infection can present as hot, red shiny skin, there may be pus formation and you may have a fever or feel generally unwell.
- Hyaluronidase can rarely cause severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis. You must seek emergency medical attention if you experience any severe allergy symptoms after treatment. Symptoms may include rash, facial swelling, and breathing difficulties. If you are concerned call 999 for assessment.
- Contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you notice any other unwanted side effects.
- Results can be assessed at 2 weeks after the Hyaluronidase dissolving injections, if you feel you need further filler dissolved at this stage then contact your practitioner for review.
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the aftercare instructions provided.