The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing, and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
There are a few things to bare in mind, please see below:
- Avoid exfoliating your skin a week prior to your appointment
- Avoid over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen for 48 hours prior to your treatment
- Avoid using Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, or any anti-aging products
- Avoid any hair removal 24 hours prior to your treatment in the area that will be treated
- Avoid using any other chemical peels on your skin a week prior to your treatment
- Avoid soaking in hot baths for 48 hours (to let your skin heal properly)
- Avoid swimming, exercise, saunas, jacuzzis, and hot humid environments for at least 48 hours
- Do not apply anything to your skin for 48 hours, only wash your face with warm water (not hot)
- Change your pillowcase and duvet cover and apply fresh ones to prevent bacteria from getting into your skin
- Try not to touch your skin
- Do not get any oils, perfumes, creams, shower gels, shampoo, or anything else on your skin
It is essential that you have read all of the information available.
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the aftercare instructions provided below.