The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
There are a few things to bare in mind, please see below:
- The first 24–48 hours after treatment you will experience redness, swelling, and tenderness in the treated areas.
- You can apply light water-based or mineral makeup were necessary after 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of cold water for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Bruising at the injection point is common and will clear
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, hot drinks, and spicy food for 24 hours, as these may exacerbate bruising and swelling.
- Avoid medications such as aspirin or Nurofen for 1-2 weeks as they are blood thinning agents and may exacerbate bruising (always check with your GP before stopping the medication)
- Avoid supplements such as multivitamins, fish oils, glucosamine, and Vitamin B or Vitamin E, which are blood thinning agents and may exacerbate bruising for 1-2 weeks (always check with your GP before stopping the medication)
- Avoid exercise/exertion for 24 hours
- Avoid excess sun exposure or solarium use for 24 hours
- Some may experience bumps, this is normal. You can massage the area gently with moisturizer or arnica cream.
- DO NOT massage the area if you have also had an anti-wrinkle treatment done at the same time or after the appointment
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the aftercare instructions provided.