DISCOVER A NEW YOU
WHY YOU HAVE FOREHEAD LINES AND WRINKLES
Using certain muscles repeatedly can result in wrinkles and lines forming, this is also a normal part of ageing, and it can still be irritating once you start to notice those lines and at times it seems to be the only thing you see in the mirror! Those lines can make you look prematurely older than you are. If you have a stressful life or job, you could find yourself frowning a lot more than normal, this will leave you with lines between your eyebrows, which is referred to as ‘the angry’ look because it makes you look angry even when you’re not angry.
If you’re finding yourself noticing those wrinkles more and more on your forehead and have tried anti-wrinkle creams and they don’t seem to work straight away, our anti-wrinkle treatment could be the answer!
In as little as 15 minutes, you could have your anti-wrinkle treatment and be on your way back to your day-to-day life knowing those forehead lines have been dealt with.
Our youth drops are anti-wrinkle injections which allow your muscles to relax which stops the movements in your muscles. These little injections will create a smooth surface, because those muscle will be paralysed underneath your skin. Yes, it does seem too simple and straight forward and that’s how quick and simple this solution is! We will inject your forehead in different muscles so you can choose to have a frozen look or have slight movement without having those wrinkles showing up!
Book your anti-wrinkle treatment with The Glam Fairies, we’re located 10 minutes from Birmingham City centre. Come in, in your lunch hour, or evenings and weekends because we know you’re busy and we work around your schedule.
Contact The Glam Fairies for anti-wrinkle treatments in Birmingham.
Lines around the forehead region work in two ways:
Frown lines are the lines which appear between your eyebrows, these can sometimes give the appearance of a ‘cross’ look.
Forehead lines are the horizontal lines across the middle of your forehead.
A chemical is used to inject your muscles. Once this chemical has taken it’s effect on your muscles, it temporarily blocks signals from your nervous system which normally would tell your muscles to move.
When your muscle do not receive a signal to move, they appear to be ‘frozen’ essentially leaving you without wrinkles!
After you’ve had your treatment, you may notice some stinging or slight bruising where the needle was injected. These effects are temporary and will subside.
Botox can take several days to take effect, don’t worry if nothing happens in the few days after your treatment. This is normal.
- Yes. There are a few things to bare in mind, please see below:
- Avoid alcohol consumption 48 hours prior to your treatment
- Do let us know if you’re on any perception medication or unprescribed medication
- Avoid over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen for 48 hours prior to your treatment
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Hypertrophic or Keloid scarring
- Bleeding abnormality (e.g., anticoagulant use or thrombocytopenia)
- Active dermatosis in the treatment area (e.g., eczema or psoriasis)
- Active infection in the treatment area (e.g., herpes simplex or pustular acne)
- Impaired healing (e.g., due to immunosuppression)
- Skin atrophy (e.g. chronic oral steroid use, genetic syndromes such as
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome)
- Sensitivity or allergy to botulinum toxin or its constituents (e.g., lactose, sodium succinate, human albumin)
- Milk allergy with abobotulinumtoxin A products
- Neuromuscular disorders such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,
- Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, myasthenia gravis or myopathies.
- Gross motor weakness in the treatment area (e.g., Bell’s palsy or stroke)
- Uncontrolled systemic condition
- Inability to actively contract muscles in the treatment area prior to treatment
- Medications that inhibit neuromuscular signalling
- Unrealistic expectations or body dysmorphic disorder.
- Periocular or ocular surgery in the last 6 months.
ANTI WRINKLE – BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
We apply a controlled amount of chemical across the areas you would like to be wrinkle free.
As we use a needle, you may feel a scratch to your skin when the needle enters your skin however this isn’t usually painful.
The procedure can take up to 15 minutes depending on how many areas you would like treated.
We’re only a 3 minute walk from the Jewellery Quarter train station and 10 minutes from Birmingham City Centre.