The following pre-care advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing, and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
There are a few things to bare in mind, please see below:
- Do not take corticosteroid medications for 2 to 3 weeks prior to the procedure
- Avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, arthritis medication, or steroid medication – check with your G.P before stopping any medication
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- If possible, refrain from smoothing as this can impact the healing process
- It is okay to colour your hair 7 days prior to your appointment
- Increase your fluid intake the day before on the day of treatment, dehydration could lead to us not being able to draw blood
- If you’re taking blood thinners, aspirin, ibuprofen, Naproxen or other medication – please let us know asap and check with your G.P before stopping any medication
- Discontinue use of blood thinners such as vitamin E, Ginkgo, Garlic, Flax, cod liver oil, essential fatty acids, multivitamins, and vitamin A 7 days prior to your appointment
Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the postcare instructions provided.